Thursday, June 15, 2006

Too Quick...


It has been forever since I've posted...believe me it isn't for lack of want...I just can't manage a few minutes of aloneness to sit...I've only taken a handful of pics of O this month...it's sad, because he is really doing adorable things...The changes lately have been sonic...they happen fast. He is saying his first word, "up" with regularity. I've been saying "Hi" to him a lot, and today he said it to me...that was cute. He is standing all the time, although very wabbly...

The one area that has changed "not" for the better is his sleeping patterns...Getting O to nap or sleep for the night have gone from a pretty pleasant and painless procedure, to one of agony...for both of us. It's like he can't sleep because he is so busy investigating his environment...he crawls all over the bed...sometimes crying...(from exhaustion I assume)...I lay there next to him, trying to soothe him, sometimes to no avail. He climbs all over me...trying to escape! I really, really, really hope this is a phase!!!

We've hired a babysitter to come to the house 2 times a week for 3 hours to play with him...I'm sure he will enjoy his new friend and hopefully she'll come up with new and exciting games for them to play...he's sort of had it with mine! This will allow me time in the garden and studio...plus, some time to write to a couple of dear friends, (Bebhinn, Maggie and Leslie), whom I've left completely abandoned!

No comments: