Monday, March 03, 2008

Base The Ball...

O and I spent some time at Cannon Park on Sunday, where we were joined by a few other families basking in the sunny weather...There was a young boy about 6 or 7 playing baseball with his dad...you know, catch...hitting some balls...When it was time to head home, I mentioned to O that he had a couple more turns down the slide and that then it was time to go. He agreed...This is the conversation that followed:

Me: OK Piglet, time to go home.

O: How about one more time mom.

Me: No sweetie, time to go.

O: How about this? (Points to bars)

Me: No honey, we have to go. Do you want me to carry you upside down to the car?

O: (Laughs)...Yes! No!

(I run towards him and flip him upside down)...

O: No Mom! I have to base the ball mom!...I have to base the ball!

No comments: