Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve...

As we get ready to spend our second Christmas, (just the 3 of us) in Spokane, tonight, we continued with the tradition that we started last year. Going caroling at Cannon Park...around a bonfire. This is a neighborhood tradition that I found out about last year by total accident, and even though we don't live in the Cannon Park neighborhood, we crashed it. Twice.

Last year we were on time...this year, we caught the last 10 minutes of it...I had written the time in my Outlook calendar, so I would know the time this year...but, when my computer crashed this year, all of my important notes and dates in my calendar vanished into thin air...So, just in case (KNOCK ON WOOD)...that this computer suffers a similar fate, let me mention that the caroling starts at 5:30! :-)

Owen was not interested in caroling...so I left O and J with the sled, and joined my far away neighbors in the last two songs...the crowd was much smaller than last year...and there was 3 times the snow and wind...so there you have it. As soon as the singing stopped, the place was emptied in a matter of minutes...so we had the park to ourselves. O did a bit of sledding and fire management, (I'll add a couple of videos in the next day or two) and I photographed and just took it all in...the beauty, my lovely family that fills my heart with joy...I love you O...Merry Christmas little buddy...you are truly the best.

1 comment:

Harvard to Homemaker said...

Awesome picture! I wish I could have met you for caroling - I'm in NC unexpectedly - but next year damn it! Merry Christmas!
elise