Monday, June 09, 2008

I Can't Stand It!!!

Maybe it was the Fruit Bars...or the strawberry juice...but you are wide awake.

At 8:00 I put you down, and laid with you for a few minutes. I kissed you goodnight.

Five minutes later, I hear you open your bedroom door, so I go upstairs and remind you that it's time for bed. This is the conversation that followed.

Me: It's time for bed. Please go to bed. (Rest my hand on your shoulder)

O: WHY ARE YOU PUSHING ME?

Me: I am not pushing you...I am guiding you. (So I remove my hand and kneel down so we can talk).

O: I have to go downstairs with Mousey. Mousey needs to go downstairs.

Me: Why does Mousey need to go downstairs?

O: Because he needs to lay down on the couch and go to sleep...with me.

Me: So you and Mousey need to go sleep on the couch downstairs?

O: Yes.

Me: OK. Let's go then.

ETA...It's been 20 minutes and you and Mousey are still having a conversation of some sort...

It promises to be a long night...

3 comments:

Joe said...

Sounds perfectly logical to me!

Amalia said...

WHAT!!!! Aren't you supposed to be sleeping yourself?

We miss you!!!

gigi said...

that is hillarious!!